It Isn’t My Fault!

-Priyanka Jain


At times, I cry, for no particular reason. I become snappy, angry, irritated and I feel that the entire universe is against me. What’s more disturbing is that this happens regularly, and every time I feel totally helpless and confused.

I become so lazy that I refuse to go away from my bed. I eat as if this would be my last meal and still find myself craving for more. I do stupid things like: Blocking people, unfriending them on social media, deactivating my social media accounts, unnecessarily arguing with people I love and accusing them of being unfaithful to me. I become damn clingy and end up making other people irritated with me.

Some of you know by now what exactly I’m talking about. People call it by different names like: Painting the town red, struck down with girl flu, aunt ruby is visiting, ovaries are shedding, leak week, the server is down, it’s my date, riding the cotton pony, et cetera. I prefer to call it simply by the name ‘Periods’. I mean what’s wrong with this name!?

So, these damn periods make sure to bring emotional trauma for us, females, every month. The type of emotional trauma can differ from female to female but we all become helpless and confused. I am definitely not complaining about being a girl, because I think we girls are one of the most beautiful and brave creatures on this planet. Then why am I writing about something that people already know?

Well, people are aware about ‘the problem’, ‘it’s cause’ and ‘it’s effect’. I would like to talk about ‘THE REMEDY’. No, not the pills. The prescription containing the remedy for the monthly emotional trauma caused by the Red Niagara Falls aka Menstruation Cycle aka Periods is as follows:

·       We want people to decode the reason for our changed behaviour
·       Please don’t judge us basis the decisions we take during our difficult time
·       We want attention and love; LOTS OF ATTENTION AND LOVE!!!
·       When we cry, just be there for us instead of getting angry and complaining about us being depressing souls
·       You can simply ask, “Baby, are you PMSing?” and both of us will finally know the reason for this changed behaviour and won’t feel confused anymore
·       We want FOOD, so please don’t complain about our cravings
·       REMEMBER that we did not opt for this monthly blood flow and hormonal changes, this happened to us by nature and by chance
·       Love us, pamper us, PLEASE!!!!!
·       REMEMBER that WE STILL LOVE YOU even if we act little rude
·       If we don’t want to talk, just give us some space and time

See, there is so much we all can do for each other. Not just the men, but we women also need to support each other.

As I said, I’m not complaining about being a girl, I just have EXPECTATIONS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Untroubled Beauty

कीड़ा